Why Can't We?

I send out a daily inspirational thought and I usually type up a week's worth on Monday and set them to go out on a schedule during the week. Here's one that caught my eye:

I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.
Jeremiah 31:34 NKJV

To love conditionally is against God’s nature. Just as it’s against you nature to eat trees and against mine to grow wings, it’s against God’s nature to remember forgiven sins.

You see, God is either the God of perfect grace…or he is not God. Grace forgets. Period. He who is perfect love cannot hold grudges. If he does, then he isn’t perfect love. And if he isn’t perfect love, you might as well put this book down and go fishing, because both of us are chasing fairy tales.

But I believe in his loving forgetfulness. And I believe he has a graciously terrible memory.

Max Lucado – Grace for the Moment


My question is this: Why can't we forgive and forget as well?

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Why Can't We?
"

  1. rtw ministries says:
    October 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM

    Hey Mark, how are you?
    God can forget because he is God. We don't because I wonder if we truly forgive people who wrong us? If forgiveness occurs, is forgetfulness a natural result?
    Check out my blog and let me know what you've been up to!!!

    http://rtwministries.wordpress.com/